Who I am
My name is Andrea Ditchfield and I am a sole trader based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, operating under the business name Ditchfield Editorial.
The type of data I collect and why
When you contact me to enquire about my proofreading services the type of data I request from you may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- The nature of your enquiry (for example, the type of editing that you require, the word count of the project and the deadline for your project)
- Your postal address
- Your telephone number
How I use that data
I use the data I collect as follows:
- To reply to your request for information regarding my services.
- To enable me to contact you during an editing project should you decide to engage my editorial services.
- To invoice you for any editorial work.
- For my own accounting processes, and to allow me to comply with HMRC guidelines with respect to taxation purposes.
Please note that I will never share your data with third parties without your written consent, unless I am required to do so by law (for example, for tax auditing purposes with HMRC).
How long I store information for
- Once your project is completed, in accordance with HMRC regulations, I am required to keep your records for at least 5 years after the submission deadline of the relevant tax year. For more information see https://www.gov.uk/self-employed-records/how-long-to-keep-your-records
- If you would like me to amend or delete your records, please contact me via email at email@example.com.
Where I store your data
- All files relating to current and past project work are stored on a password-protected computer.
- All files are backed up regularly to a password-protected external hard drive and to Microsoft OneDrive, which is a cloud-based file management system that is accessed via my password-protected computer.
- All email addresses for projects are automatically recorded in my password-protected Microsoft Outlook email account.
- All email addresses from enquiries via my website are not retained unless you decide to engage my editing services.
Please note that you have the option to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. For more information regarding managing and deleting cookies see https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Third party content